Grants Administrator, ASG IV -Ob-Gyn Maternal Fetal Med - 70194
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five years related experience
in research financial managementJob DescriptionThe Grants
Administrator serves as the primary source of expertise, training,
and education in matters relating to government regulation of
externally funded research to all research faculty and staff on
behalf of Department Administration
$58,320 to $72,900 Commensurate with experience
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Coordinate and monitor research activities and procedures to
ensure compliance with appropriate regulations relating to grants
* Process HCM funding forms and oversee time and effort reports for
research faculty and staff. Responsible for oversight of effort
reporting on research accounts.
* Ensure cost sharing is properly federal, state, and institutional
policies. Monitor and analyze fiscal controls and troubleshoot
issues and/or problems on accounts - project. Meet with Principal
Investigators within the departments to facilitate and support
their research endeavors.
* Advise Departmental Administrator, Principal Investigators, and
staff on fiscal responsibilities and project timelines. Oversee and
reconcile revenue and AIR balances on accounts monthly. (perform
financial audits at fiscal year end and project period end to
ensure proper close-out of all accounts')
* Perform complex accounting assignments and financial analysis, in
a busy, highly functional environment.
* Create special ad hoc reports using various system application
tables; HCM, FMS, Grants, Hyperion, and ECRT; data extractions are
used for the development of statistical analysis.
* Interpret and understand institutional financial systems and
develop reports to utilize the data to perform statistical analysis
and assess expense and revenue trends related to Restricted
(grant/contracts), E&G, MSRDP, Other Designated accounts.
* Provide financial information which enables senior management to
make informed long-term and short-term decisions.
* Perform and oversee fiscal adherence to multiple fund groups in
all departments and centers.
* Review the funding source for new hires, ensuring that funding is
accurate, and accounts are set up appropriately.
* Review and approve departmental purchase orders, requisitions,
travel reimbursements, expense and budget pool transfers.
* Resolve outstanding encumbrance issues.
* Assists with the development and financial management of
departmental budgets during budget planning.
* Work with administration on revenue projections for both clinical
and grant related revenue.
* Assist in the loading and reconciliation of the final approved
budget by the SOM.
* Assist with the development of the training of staff for best
business practices related to clearing encumbrances,
* Excel, Access, PeopleSoft applications (HCM, FMS, and Grants),
Hyperion and DSS are critical for success in this position.
Incumbent should be a highly motivated individual. Multi-tasking is
a crucial skill in this position.
* Individual expected to possess leadership abilities and be able
to work in a confidential manner when dealing with employees and
other sensitive issues. Incumbent must show ability to work with
all levels of management, faculty and staff
* Incumbent will work independently but in close partnership with
senior management, Principal Investigators and staff; and must have
the ability to resolve issues and communicate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 70194
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Grants Administrator, ASG IV -Ob-Gyn Maternal Fetal Med - 70194, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!