Transportation Manager - (US Navy Base in Santa Rita, Guam)
Company: Precision Talent Solutions
Posted on: August 6, 2022
About the Company:Our client is a high performance contractor
committed to excellence and has built a true partnership with the
U.S. Government providing exceptional services across various
contracts for their Customers. Our Client has worked diligently to
become the Navy's BOS "contractor of choice", through frequent and
open communications with Government partners, listening to the
voice of their customers and focusing on being responsive to their
needs.Job Description Summary:The Transportation Manager is
responsible for planning and directing the Transportation programs,
policies, and initiatives to develop and implement a robust and
effective Transportation program. The Transportation Director must
be familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures, demonstrates
a strong commitment, and provides leadership for the Company's
vision for Transportation Operations. Through their extensive
experience and judgement, they will lead and direct the work of
others to plan and accomplish goals by exercising a wide degree of
creativity and latitude. The Transportation Manager reports the
Public Works Director.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and implements or directs the implementation
of goals, objectives, policies and priorities relating to
- Ensures that personnel safety procedures and standards are
- Performs administrative duties, including regular operational
reports and statistical records relative to operations'
performance, budget preparation, etc.
- Participates in recruitment and selection activities; makes
recommendations for appointment of new staff; assists with staff
orientation and training.
- Supervises direct reports (staff) including provision of timely
performance evaluations; recommends and implements approved
discipline; provides staff development; and maintains high
standards necessary for efficient, professional operations.
- Provides customer liaison; ensuring safe and efficient
operations; and maintaining delivery of high quality work and
- Maintain and continuously improve the Transportation management
- Ensures the best technical and business solutions for
customers, subject matter and service expertise, providing "front
line" risk management for the company.
- Work with our client's leadership teams to assess and ensure
compliance with the Transportation management plan against internal
(policy/procedure) and external (contract/program) requirements,
report regularly on results.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled Transportation
training with the leadership team and staff as needed to educate
and implement quality of a strategy.
- Remain knowledgeable about state-of-the-art industry practices,
business trends, management process techniques, and measurement
- Develop short and long-term plans for assigned annexes together
with supporting budgets.
- Manage the resources of the Transportation department staff for
all projects and services.
- Handle staffing and personnel management duties and provide
hands-on leadership, guidance, and career growth opportunities to
the Transportation department.
- Partner with Government counterparts to ensure Company
commitment to excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications and Skills:
- Must possess a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a technical specialty, be
directly related to the work of the department, or equivalent.
- Must have prior management and supervisory experience. A
minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing large-scale
transportation centers and facilities, preferably BOS contract
related, and/or three (3) years of experience as Director or
Manager in charge of the transportation operation.
- Must have Navy P307 Crane experience
- Must have extensive vehicle maintenance experience
- Must have prior management and supervisory experience.
- Must be well versed in the Operational, Maintenance, and
administrative areas and functions of an industrialized or
commercial transportation program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Successful experience in a military environment at a managerial
- Experience with managing Transportation and Dispatch of
Vehicles/Equipment (fuel trucks, buses, flat beds, etc.)An Equal
Opportunity Employer:Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
Keywords: Precision Talent Solutions, Galveston , Transportation Manager - (US Navy Base in Santa Rita, Guam), Executive , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!