Company: HENSEL PHELPS
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Any Employment Offers are Contingent Upon Successful Completion
of the Following:
- Verification of Work Authorization and Employment
- Substance Abuse Screening
- Physical Exam (if applicable)
- Background Checks for Badging/Security Clearances (if
About Hensel Phelps
At Hensel Phelps, we bring our clients' vision to life with a
comprehensive approach that begins with innovative planning and
extends throughout the life of the property. Our expert
development, construction and facility services teams ensure that
every project meets our clients' goals and objectives.
Over our 84-year history, Hensel Phelps has evolved from a
bid-build general contractor to a full-service building provider.
Our organization is comprised of three lines of business -
development, construction, and facility services. These groups work
as a cohesive team, sharing ideas and knowledge from each
discipline to provide our clients with the highest level of
service. Our capabilities span from concept through the long-term
facilities management of projects, which means that our focus is on
the complete life cycle of each project we build.
Hensel Phelps Facility Services Group is uniquely qualified with
decades of facility experience. The Facility Services Group
specializes in facility solutions, building systems integration,
specialized construction, and facility management. Our team
provides best-in-class operational solutions with technical
knowledge and subject matter experts of building systems,
envelopes, campus, and client operations.
The Building Engineer will be responsible for the timely completion
of necessary maintenance activities and the management of the
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1+ years' experience in commercial or industrial environment
with increasing responsibility for managing daily building
- General mechanical and carpentry skills.
- Experience with HVAC system maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as internet, email, electronic
manual, etc. Ab
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks as needed.
- Thorough understanding of air conditioning and control
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety
monitoring and control systems.
- Management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings.
- Prior work experience in a commercial setting.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on facility
equipment and mechanical and building systems, including
electrical, HVAC, boilers, pumps, motors, valves and chilled
water/heating hot water distribution systems including chillers and
cooling towers, filter changes, belt changes, equipment cleaning
and equipment painting.
- Assist with ancillary building systems necessary to keep
systems operating at peak performance with minimal downtime.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including inspection of
buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and recommend upgrades to ensure
building is compliant and up-to code.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance repairs.
- Monitor and respond to service requests in work order
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and maintain
positive and professional working relationship with internal and
external clients through timely and professional communication.
Hensel Phelps provides generous benefits for our fulltime
employees. This position is eligible for company paid medical
insurance, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment,
long-term disability, 401(K) retirement plan, and our employee
assistance program (EAP). Employees are also eligible for employee
paid enrollment in vision and dental insurance, as well as optional
participation in a flexible spending account (FSA) for Dependent
Care. Hensel Phelps also believes in the importance of taking time
to recharge. As a result, employees are eligible for paid time off
beginning upon hire. Employees are also eligible for a company cell
phone or cell phone allowance in accordance with company
Equal Opportunity And Affirmative Action Employer
Hensel Phelps is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. Hensel Phelps shall not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, domestic partner status pregnancy, disability,
citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: HENSEL PHELPS, Galveston , Building Engineer, Engineering , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!