Senior OR Supply Chain Technician, (Mon-Fri 11am-7.30pm) - Galveston
Company: UTMB Health
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Senior OR Supply Chain Technician, (Mon-Fri 11am-7.30pm) -
GalvestonGalveston, Texas, United StatesSupply Chain ManagementUTMB
HealthRequisition # 2102770Minimum Qualifications:High School
Diploma or GED and two years related experience. Valid drivers
license required. Must complete Motor Vehicle Safety Course with 6
month of hire.Job Description:OR Supply Chain Technician will work
directly in our facilities receiving, restocking and pulling
supplies for OR cases. Our Supply Chain team is dedicated to
providing the materials needed to ensure quality care is delivered
to our patients.Job Functions:
- Receives all materials, unpacks/uncrates items, and verifies
accuracy of items received with the packing slip and original
- Conducts research, follow-up, and problem resolution as
required. Contacts vendors regarding shipping errors and any
unacceptable conditions of items received.
- Pulls/ Returns all supplies for surgeries daily.
- Maintains the supply backorder report.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as a preceptor, mentor and a
resource to less experienced staff.
- Ensures accuracy of the inventory within the Materials
Management storeroom(s) and/or in unit supply rooms (PAR locations
/ Point of Use technology).
- Prepares and assists in cycle count verifications and annual
- Consistently exhibits a commitment to accomplish fill rate
- Processes all incoming supplies and equipment and monitors the
quality assurance inspections of all items received by ensuring the
receipts are checked for missing items, damaged items, expired
items and/or wrong items and reports all discrepancies.
- Responsible for the proper storage of supplies for stock,
adheres to any special handling instructions, ensures locations and
quantity on hand are correct.
- Fills customer request / order for stocked materials and
supplies (medical / surgical & non-medical / surgical), ensuring
- Executes the distribution of materials and supplies (medical /
surgical & non-medical / surgical), to include, but not limited to,
the Point of Use program, to the UTMB System.
- May perform the turn-in of excess, expired, or damaged supplies
- Provides customers service support to the department by
assisting customers, answering phones and processing requests.
- Works safely and in compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, and policies.
- Keeps current and up to date with all required training and
staying current in field of expertise.
- Works with multiple work teams to meet outcomes beneficial to
the customer needs.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with internal and
external customers to proactively understand customer needs.
- Operates standard materials handling equipment this may include
forklift operations if assigned to the Warehouse.
- Utilizes email and Internet for work related
- As needed, maintains vehicle usage log, inspects condition of
tires, checks oil, tops off the fuel once per week, maintains
vehicle cleanliness inside and out, and reports any needed
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.Key
- Able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with the
staff, management, and customers.
- Ability to use a computer, both desktop and handheld.
- Manual dexterity and memory are critical to this function.
- Requires frequent bending standing and walking.Preferred
- Previous OR inventory management experience.
- Hospital supply chain experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.Compensation:Actual
salary commensurate with experience.Schedule:Monday through Friday
11am-7.30pm.Equipment:Standard office equipment. Operate standard
materials handling equipment this may include forklift operations
if assigned to the Warehouse. If assigned to the Warehouse must
obtain Forklift Certification within 6 months of hire.Working
environment / location of position:Standard office and/or
warehouse.Equal Employment OpportunityUTMB Health strives to
provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability,
veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional
policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction
is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health
takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. #UTMB
Keywords: UTMB Health, Galveston , Senior OR Supply Chain Technician, (Mon-Fri 11am-7.30pm) - Galveston, Engineering , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!