Vice President of Interprofessional Education and the Health Education Center
Company: UTMB Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
For application assistance, please email email@example.com
Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to
5 p.m. CST. Job Description - Vice President of Interprofessional
Education and the Health Education Center (2205998) Vice President
of Interprofessional Education and the Health Education Center - (
2205998 ) Job Description: The Vice President of Interprofessional
Education (IPE) and the Health Education Center (HEC) for the
Academic Enterprise is the primary administrative officer who sets
a vision for UTMB's interprofessional education and supports its
goals. The Vice President is responsible for the Health Education
Center and provides overall leadership for academic matters,
including new program development; program quality; educational
methods and support; national, regional and specialty
accreditation; interprofessional education efforts.
Responsibilities include supporting the assessment and evaluation
of students, faculty members, and programs; faculty and staff
development; policy development and implementation ensuring
adherence to federal and state laws governing education; monitoring
of trends and implementing suitable changes all while providing
effective leadership for planning, growth, and program improvement.
- Scope: Academic Enterprise Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and lead institutional strategy and operations related
to Interprofessional Education -( IPE), including developing,
implementing and maintaining a strategic plan that includes
infrastructure, partnerships, and policies.
- Partners with the Associate Vice President, Institutional
Effectiveness (IE) on UTMB's institutional effectiveness assessment
as it relates to interprofessional education and IPE quality
- Lead IPE program development and implementation to embed IPE
learning experiences across all schools
- Direct IPE and administrative programming for Health Education
- Oversees educational simulation programs to support learners
and faculty across the Academic Enterprise.
- Serve as thought leader and resource for IPE and the use of
simulation as a tool in undergraduate, graduate and continuing
- Foster, creates, and implements innovations to support the
education of health professionals across the university.
- Collaborate with faculty in the design, delivery and evaluation
of IPE curricula.
- Identify, provide and ensure training and development
opportunities for faculty, staff and students to ensure ongoing
success of IPE and simulation programming -
- Works closely with the Provost to ensure the quality and
integrity of academic and institutional programs through oversight
of IPE and the HEC
- Provide continuous improvement through a range of development
programs designed to support teaching and leadership. -
- Develops events, workshops, programs, and seminars.
- Provide creative and resourceful solutions to complex
challenges while demonstrating teambuilding skills, effective
interpersonal communication, and commitment to quality and service.
- Provide leadership by designing, implementing, and assessing a
comprehensive IPE and QEP program to assist all levels of the
- Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific
to UTMB and SACS and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or
exceed such standards. -
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President, IE on research
trends to ensure UTMB remains focused and on the forefront of
innovation as a thought-leader in institutional effectiveness,
educational quality, and interprofessional education. -
- Oversees the collection of data including compilation, analysis
and interpretation of data to support faculty, staff, and
administration regarding UTMB's IPE programs and its development.
- Develops policy and processes for supporting IPE instructional
programs and use of the HEC. -
- Monitors analytics utilizing assessment metrics to fine-tune
our efforts and oversee the reporting of information to accrediting
agencies as required.
- Performs other such duties required by the Executive Vice
President and Provost or by any other representative of the
- Provides oversight for simulated and immersive learning to
plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and assess schools and
collaborative educational programs. Interprofessional Education
- Provides vision and oversight for the strategy, design and
implementation for interprofessional education initiatives and
UTMB's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) including determining
appropriate support, resources, programming and training
opportunities in conjunction with the Associate Vice President,
- Oversee the QEP Steering Committee with the Associate Vice
- Develop an annual report disseminating findings and outcomes
through scholarly publications and presentations. -
- Participates in local, national, and regional assessment of
IPE/QEP initiatives in partnership with the Associate Vice
- Partners with the Associate Vice President, IE in the
management the IPE and QEP platforms and further interprofessional
education and quality enhancement plans. - Health Education Center
- Provides for scheduling, logistical planning, setup,
implementing of simulation activities within the HEC.
- Provides for logistics and utilization of simulation areas in
- Ensures proper utilization of all technology and equipment for
the simulation program.
- Work with academic leaders and faculty in all UTMB programs to
support educational activities through simulation as appropriate.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution
- Four or more years of relevant experience in an academic
administrative capacity. Preferred Qualifications:
- A record of successful innovation, a demonstrated ability to
lead teams effectively, and demonstrated scholarship through
teaching awards, publications and research is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and applying
Interprofessional Education (IPE) in health-related academic
- Instructional and administrative experience in higher education
- Must be an advocate of the University's academic, clinical,
teaching and research missions, and effectively articulate
educational contributions and perspectives in local, regional,
national and international forums related to interprofessional
- Has effective written and oral communications skills; works
well in a team environment and has a track record of developing
effective and trusted relationships at all levels of the
- Possesses communication abilities that can inspire an
organization to do its best and stay the course even in difficult
- A visible and accessible leader to the faculty, the students,
and the community.
- Possesses a collaborative and entrepreneurial leadership style
characterized by upfront and direct communications and results
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in familiar and
- Creative, a visionary who can manage innovation; is an
effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple
futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and
bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about
alternative futures without all of the data.
- Politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do
is; presents views well.
- Demonstrated success in aligning various stakeholders' needs
and expectations and leading through successful style of
negotiation to 'win-win' solutions.
- Strategic focus with ability to delegate and hold accountable
multiple high-functioning direct reports.
- Ability to work constructively with new and existing external
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and identify actions
necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. UTMB Health strives
to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such
distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor,
UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Primary Location United States-Texas-Galveston Work Locations 1700
- Health Education Center 301 university Blvd. Health Education
Center Galveston 77555-1700 Job Executive Organization UTMB Health
: Regular Shift Standard Employee Status Exec / Faculty / Physician
Job Level Day Job Job Posting For application assistance, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org Representatives are available Monday
through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
Keywords: UTMB Health, Galveston , Vice President of Interprofessional Education and the Health Education Center, Education / Teaching , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...