Administrative Key Technician - Security Operations - 70434
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 22, 2020
High school diploma and 4 years of related experience. Valid Class
C Driver's license required.Job Description:To provide skilled work
in the repair, resetting, installation of cores and keys and
associated work with a data entry system.
DEPARTMENT MARKETING STATEMENT
Police Department Mission:
The University of Texas Medical Branch Police Department strives to
provide protection and service in a courteous manner to the
faculty, staff, students, patients, and visitors of UTMB in
conformance with the Regents rules and Regulations, UTMB policies,
or federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Department
also implements programs that are aimed at preserving the assets of
From $46,320 To $69,480 Annually
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Works closely with the security services - technical operations
* Works as part of the construction team on keying for all UTMB
* Monitors and maintains records of projects and changes made to
UTMB facilities and the keying database.
* Completes work orders using automated data base programs
* Trains new personnel as required.
* Utilizes general construction and computer skills.
* Identifies and reports safety hazards.
* Attends staff and safety training meetings.
* Attends construction and maintenance training courses.
* Performs routine office functions as required.
* Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures.
This position is part of the UTMB Security Services division within
the UTMB Police Department. UTMB PD is a 24/7 full-service Police
Agency and provides security services to UTMB owned, rented, and
leased property. Position works Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM,
however, may be required to work a flexed schedule, extended hours,
or a rotating shift. Must be willing to work in adverse weather
conditions, which may include hurricane situations.
* Knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of the
* Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
* Knowledge of the Best Locks, fastening devices and related
* Knowledge of regulations pertaining to fire exits and door
* Ability to read and perform written and mathematical
* Ability to locate and correct defects in locks.
* Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment of the locksmith
* Ability to read construction drawings and blue prints.
* Ability to use computer to maintain UTMB key code system.
* Ability to use a personal computer and other office
* Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships,
demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse
* Communicate in a concise and effective manner and deal with the
* Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
* Effective organization and planning.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
Four Years of Related Experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 70434
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Administrative Key Technician - Security Operations - 70434, Administration, Clerical , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!