Internal Auditor (Partial Remote) - Audit Services
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in related field and
three years auditing or related experience. Job Summary:
Participates in and potentially leads audit engagements of varying
size and complexity ensuring the successful completion of assigned
audit activities with an appropriate level of supervision. Applies
risk and control concepts along with an understanding of business
operations to identify and communicate results to management. Job
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal control concepts,
industry frameworks (e.g.,COSO), and the ability to apply them to
plan, perform, and report on the evaluation ofbusiness
- Demonstrates an understanding of professional auditing
- Plans or assists in planning the scope of the engagement and
the audit procedures to beused.
- Performs structured and creative analysis of current processes
to identify opportunities toenhance efficiency and
- Utilizes data analysis software to conduct audit testing.
- Interviews key personnel to gain an understanding of processes
and corroboratepreliminary results of audit observations and data
- Documents audit work in an organized, accurate, and concise
manner that supports theconclusions reached regarding audit
- Prepares draft reports and makes presentations to management as
- Monitors implementation dates of audit recommendations;
prepares and sends follow-upreminders to clients; and validates the
completion of management action plans.
- Builds client relationships through professionalism,
facilitative communications, andconstructive responses to client
- Works effectively with the audit team and provides timely
updates to team leads and auditmanagement on engagement progress
and audit issues.
- Demonstrates initiative, productivity, and the ability to
prioritize work to meet audittimelines and budgeted project
- Reads literature, attends training, and other functions to keep
abreast of regulatorychanges and guidance and other developments
related to healthcare, research, andhigher education.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including involvement with
departmental andinstitutional improvement teams and task forces,
training initiatives, and other programsupport activities.
- Must possess critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Outstanding documentation and attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access, and
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as
effective verbal and writtencommunication skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative, diplomacy, tact, and professional
- Must possess effective time management skills. Preferred
Qualifications: Certification or pending certification as a
Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accounting,
orequivalent. Salary Range: Actual salary commensurate with
experience. Work Schedule: The position is partial remote with the
employee having to come into the office for meetings on occasion.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as needed on occasion.Equal
Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal
opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by
federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by
law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative
action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities.Compensation
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Internal Auditor (Partial Remote) - Audit Services, Accounting, Auditing , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!